What we need:

  • 1. Three Months
  • 2. Two bikes
  • 3. A tent

About Us

My photo
We got hitched last summer, are enjoying starting life together here in Chicago, and are ready for some real adventure.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

How could I forget?!?!!

I almost forgot to write about this?!? How could I? When we stayed with George and Patti Baumgardner, George took one look at my bike and said..."Whoa. You've got a load on there." And then... before we left... he put a front pannier rack on my bike, and gave us an old set of pannier bags they had!! Incredible kindness! The whole set up if we had bought everything new (and tried to stay on the cheap side) would've been over $100. I feel like a tank when I ride, and the bike is way more stable overall. Also, climbing hills, it doesn't feel like I'm popping wheelies every second anymore. GEORGE... you're too much. Thank you so so much.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Happy Couple,

    There have been some funny moments in your blogs. The best was the dream about drug dealing and the Sudanese connection LOL. I really wondered if the same dream could have occurred back in Chicago. I guess you needed to be away to trigger the dream. Hoping for lots of memorable things to happen as you continue your bikeathon.

    Best regards,

    Prof G

    ReplyDelete